At the generation of power process stage, the optimum target for producers is to obtain the maximum amount of energy that is released. One key element that adversely affects the handling of coal and impacts on the operation and efficiency of the plant is water.
Excess, or added moisture not only lowers the heating value of the coal, but creates an additional efficiency penalty. Therefore, the lower the moisture content of coal, the higher the calorific value is. We intend to keep it that way.
Through the use of Moisture Reduction System’s coal ‘AMR’ system, we maximize production and output yield and minimise operations on site.
Our primary focus is on where the coal stocks are located. We operate exactly where they are so that loaders can load directly from live stockpiles on the same day, whether this be at Port, or at the coal plant itself.
With the above points in mind, here are some of the benefits that users of our system enjoy:
- Drier product in a shorter timeframe;
- Improved handling for loaders;
- Better environmental working practices – no “run-off” water;
- No pollution of surrounding water boundaries;
- No stockpile “slump” resulting in safer working conditions;
- No “freeze-ups” in stockpiles during winter months;
- Load directly from live stockpiles on the same day as production;
- Re-use clean discharge water for washing purposes;
- Substantial water, fuel and energy savings;
- Elimination of double handling.